I have an awesome guest today and I’m so excited to have him. He’s my own business coach – yup, the coach gets coached.
Meet Dave Moreno.
Dave has an incredible story and he doesn’t hold back on the details. 4 years ago, Dave’s total annual revenue was $9,000. The next year it was $12,000. This year, he’ll clear over $1.1 million.
And GET THIS. That’s with $0 in ad spend!! WTF.
Dave Moreno is a certified coach from The Life Coach School (they recently gave him a shout out for reaching the 2 comma club). He’s well versed in Brooke Castillo’s The Model and when he combines that with his business background, I can tell you from first hand experience that it’s super effing helpful.
In this podcast episode, Dave and I talk about overthinking, comparing himself to others, the frustration of 2 years with barely any income (and 4 kids), discipline, routine, the decision he made that EXPLODED his business, and his simple 3 step process to reaching $1 million in sales.
Real talk from this episode:
- The hardest part is when you sit in comparison and worry and fear and try to figure out how – that is the hardest part.” (04:22)
- “The longer you spend overthinking, the longer it’s going to take you to make your money.” (5:36)
- “If you’re in a rush to make money, it will take you forever.” (11:50)
- “I give it all away because I want to build my audience. I don’t want to make money from them.” (14:08)
- “A decision without a routine will never work.” (21:19)
- “The only content that gets you business is the one you release. The ‘perfect content’ that’s sitting in your brain somewhere that ‘will come out one day’ makes you $0.” (31:15)
Mentioned in this episode
- Dave Moreno – The Bad Ass Business Coach
- Brooke Castillo – The Life Coach School
- Dave Moreno podcast series $1,000,000
- The 2.0 version of Jane’s membership The Content Club
Have a great weekend and Happy Holidays!
Jackie Ayres says
Jane- I can’t tell you how awesome this episode is!!! Loved it all.
I really want my business to be “effortless” as Dave says in the episode and by listening to this episode it’s given me hope that it is possible.
I put a lot of expections on myself and my business and it was inspiring to hear what happened for Dave when he didn’t “force” things in his business……
Also loved how he says the people who are out there making things happen aren’t worried about what others are doing! Great reminder!!