“If you have an audience that follows you, no matter what you sell, they’re gonna follow you.” -Joanne Jarrett
Imagine you’re a physician with an idea for a fashion product but absolutely no idea how to start a clothing line. Where do you even start?
That’s exactly the dilemma my guest today faced.
Joanne is a former family physician, is on her 17th year of maternity leave (!!) and is now an entrepreneur, blogger and podcaster. She started Shelfie Shoppe, a line of loungewear that looks like streetwear even though she had no design experience. She also has a blog called Cozy Clothes Blog and is the host of the Fancy Free Podcast.
It’s been a roller coaster ride ever since she came up with the idea of starting her line.
- How she decided to launch her own line and how taking my New Designer Program course set her on the path for success and became the best student ever.
- Why she decided to do a Kickstarter campaign and the reason she got the funding
- All the problems she faced.
- How she dealt with the angry comments after people had waited 2 years.
- The reason her backers supported her even after all the delays.
Have a listen…
Rate, Review, & Subscribe on iTunes
Do you learn from these episodes? If so, please consider rating & reviewing my show! It really helps me support more people, entrepreneurs just like you, to build a profitable business they love.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
- Joanne’s online store Shelfie Shoppe – use JANEROCKS (all caps) to get 10% off your purchase
- DG Expo Fabric and Trim Show
- Jane’s interview with Lana Hogue: “The 3 Main Difference Between U.S. and Offshore Production”
- Lana Hogue’s website, Garment Industry 411
- The crowdfunding course Joanne took with Shannon Lohr of Factory 45
- Jane’s interview with Shannon Lohr: “How to Use Crowdfunding For Your Fashion Product”
- The Membership with Jane
- Build Your Following From Scratch online workshop
- New Designer Program Jane’s fashion startup course that Joanne took
I hope this episode has helped you. Thanks for listening,