When I first heard her speak I was like…holy moses, I can do my business any way I want to. I mean, I’ve heard that for years, I believed in it logically, and I preach it to my clients. But it wasn’t until Dana’s workshop that I truly understood what to do (not just talk about it), and even better, she showed me a model of how to do it.
Dana buys e-commerce businesses and typically triples their profit in the first year. Crazy, right?
The first things Dana does when she buys a business is 1) set an action goal to double daily orders, 2) focus only on high margin products, and 3) understand the customer. She is particularly focused on these 3 things.
Have a listen to Part 1 of this interview and I’ll be back with Part 2 next week.
What we cover in this episode:
- How Dana and her team focus on doubling their daily orders
- Reading through every single order she gets to understand the customer
- Creating the right work style and life style for her
- Data-based business and tracking what’s working
- What metrics are truly important to track
- How to avoid doing too much (and it’s so simple!)
- Making business choices that make you happy
- Google adwords, Google shopping, Facebook ads? What works for Dana…
Mentioned in this episode:
- Dana’s blog, 44ideas.net
- One of Dana’s e-commerce businesses, Home Health Testing
- The conference where I met Dana, Sellers Summit
- My Wife Quit Her Job podcast with Steve Chou
What do you think about this episode? I’d love to know your biggest takeaway so leave me a comment and let’s chat!
Thanks for reading and listening,
P.S. If you enjoy listening to this podcast and want to dive deeper into the topics we cover, check out my monthly coaching program, Imperfect Action.