When I was 25 I wanted to start my own clothing line and open a boutique so badly I couldn’t think about anything else. I dreamed about it at night and I swear I could taste it in the daytime. But, like so many would-be entrepreneurs, I had no money, no chance of borrowing from a bank, and no flippin’ clue about what to do.
Crowdfunding is really a form of pre-selling your product and it WORKS. Thousands of startups have financed their new products with crowdfunding. And it’s not just for newbies. Established brands are using crowdfunding to launch new products because it works so well. Brands like Segway, Gillette, Bose, and Clorox have used crowdfunding and their primary objective is not to raise money.
You can also listen and subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher Radio.
What we cover in this crowdfunding interview:
- What needs to happen in the first 7 seconds of your crowdfunding video
- How to tell your story to get people to back you and order your products
- The power of guest posting on someone else’s blog and what it did for Shannon’s Kickstarter campaign
- The 3V’s of a successful crowdfunding campaign
- Highly produced video or more casual “selfie” style?
- Do you need to be in the video yourself?
- Flat lay images and lifestyle photos – what visuals you need for your campaign
- Crowdfunding rewards for backers
- Price points that work best for a successful (funded) Kickstarter
- How often to email people about to tell them about your crowdfunding campaign and encourage them to back you
- Shannon’s crowdfunding course, Crowdfunding Factory
- Shannon’s main website and startup program, Factory45
What do YOU think?
Was this interview helpful? What’s your ONE big takeaway from this interview?
As always, thanks for listening,